CenturyLink OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN II in ARLINGTON, Virginia
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Apply excellent customer service skills.
Demonstrated proficiency with trouble ticketing applications as well as other internal tools.
The ability to work off hours/on call and during holidays.
Experience Mentoring/Training/Coaching less experienced employees/customers.
Answer inbound calls and/or redirect calls to proper CenturyLink organization if required.
Initiate internal escalations on customer's behalf and provide follow up.
Effectively manages customer expectations (status and clear description of activities).
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to manage multiple tasks on time.
Ability to learn in an 'on-the-job' training environment.
Ability to work all shifts in a 7x24x365 environment.
• Responsible for identifying and resolving customer reported trouble
• Provide advance technical support to include remote trouble diagnostics and correction
• Updates status to customers on an as required basis
• Escalation of customer and network trouble to ensure timely resolution
• Actively work with local exchange carriers and CenturyLink internal Operations Centers to ensure current services are active and restored within the Service Level Agreements
• Using INTAS, and CLI access this position will isolate layer 1 problems on DS0, DS1 and DS3 circuits on the IP platform, VPN and MPLS Network.
• Detailed understanding of DS0/1 and 3 circuits: point to point, private line, and Ethernet
• Actively participates in maintenance bridges/calls to isolate network issues
• Responsible for the reporting of database discrepancies and changes
• Experience working on complex translations troubles and/or maintenance assignments related to network switching equipment to resolve trouble tickets.
• Basic knowledge of IP architecture and IP routing.
• Test knowledge of DS0/DS1 circuits, and the ability to isolate physical layer troubles.
• Understanding of ISDN circuits and troubleshooting practices.
• Experience working with software and hardware tools to remotely identify and diagnose WAN problems.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols, and IP addressing.
• Experience with basic commands in Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel routers and or UNIX commands.
• Experience with troubleshooting Ethernet circuits
• Experience with Wireless Access Points and various remote switches/MUX's/VOIP Telephones
• Familiarity with long distance and international dialing and routing.
3+ year of technical customer call center experience.
Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Networks or related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience or 5+ years of related work experience.
Test knowledge/experience of DS0/DS1 circuits.
Knowledge of TCP/IP, routing protocols, and IP addressing.
Experience with basic commands in Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel routers and or UNIX commands.
Cisco and Juniper certifications are a plus.
Associates or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Minnesota-St Paul; US-Virginia-Arlington
Requisition # : 209096
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.