CenturyLink Senior Procurement Manager in Basingstoke, United Kingdom
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
CenturyLink’s Global Procurement and Supply Chain supports CenturyLink’s business strategy by developing and managing a global supply base that enhances competitiveness and overall success. The Procurement organization achieves this by partnering with the business functional areas to understand business needs and through a Category based model provides strategic sourcing, asset management, negotiation, cost-management, risk-management, and on-going supplier relationship management.
Within the Global Procurement framework, the EMEA Procurement team partners with the EMEA regional business to lead and execute EMEA-specific procurement strategies and to provide regional focus to Global-led initiatives.
The Senior Procurement Manager will build strong relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors and coordinates and communicates company requirements across multiple business units. Delivers against corporate initiatives related to cost reduction and cost avoidance, sets complex category strategies and manages high visibility negotiations to meet objectives.
As a member of the EMEA Procurement team, the Senior Procurement Manager will lead initiatives in the direct (non-core) categories (network equipment, fulfilment and maintenance, customer services and solutions, professional services and customer related IT and hosting services) and will:
· Manage and develop complex supplier agreements and relationships across categories focusing on key strategic suppliers to understand performance and drive further improvements both commercially and operationally. Negotiate or renegotiate new and existing agreements or statements of work, where necessary to secure the most competitive supply chain and price.
· Identify and deliver cost reduction, cost avoidance and supplier rationalisation programs within those categories through thought leadership, spend analysis, market knowledge and analysis and supplier management.
· Work closely with internal stakeholders including Service Delivery, Service Operations, Field Operations, Architecture and Engineering, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services and Finance.
· Proactively review supplier adherence to contractual terms and deliver resolution on difficult issues through effective negotiation.
· Initiate and lead RFIs or RFPs and use other buying tools. Prepare scope documents, communication plans, and contract awards.
Able to demonstrate the ability to deliver savings across several disciplines.
Proven ability to work as a Business Partner, engaging with Senior Board members across several Business Areas.
· Procurement experience, specifically procuring in a telecom, network equipment, IT, software and high-tech category / commodity.
· Proven success in strategic procurement roles with several high value procurement projects and cost savings initiatives successfully delivered.
· Experience of successfully managing complex supplier relationships within a category environment and developing category-based strategies and plans.
· Experience of delivering strategic sourcing projects within a large/complex organisation.
Alternate Location: UK-Basingstoke-Redwood; UK-Berkshire-Winnersh; UK-London-Fleet Place; UK-London-London Docklands
Requisition #: 194110
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/