CenturyLink INTERN - ANALYST I - SUMMER 2019 in Broomfield, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study. Interns within the Carrier Relations department will be challenged to apply their knowledge gained in the classroom to real world problems. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience working on Innovation Initiatives for a Fortune 200 company. This position will allow students to utilize their talents and abilities to contribute to active projects at CenturyLink. Interns within the Carrier Relations group will be responsible for handling project-based data integrity initiatives, daily tactical data clean up, business requirements gathering supporting data conversions and systematic approach to data quality.
• Analyst I Intern will identify and implement an Operations Science approach to detect root-cause issues creating data integrity fall out
• Project manage several initiatives at a time which can result in the correlation and elimination of corrupt data
• Develop business cases demonstrating a meaningful ROI for any proposed data clean up initiative
• Identify and enforce data standards across the enterprise
• Communicate critical data elements between disparate systems as each relates to the concept of record level cleanliness
• Data analysis experience
• Project management background with an emphasis on medium to large projects
• Classification: Junior, Senior or Graduate status by start of internship
• Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Analytics or related field
• Currently enrolled at a 4-year accredited College or University (post-graduation internships not offered)
• 3.0 or above cumulative GPA
• available to participate in internship program late may – early august
• available to relocate to internship work location if necessary
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
• Capable of multi-tasking efficiently
• Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
• Professional attitude
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 210414
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.