CenturyLink Intern - Business Analyst (Broomfield, CO/Tulsa, OK) - Summer 2019 in Broomfield, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study. Interns within the North American Operations department will be challenged to apply their knowledge gained in the classroom to real world problems. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience working on real world Innovation Initiatives for a Fortune 500 company. This position will allow students to utilize their talents and abilities to innovate on active projects at CenturyLink. Interns on the Network Maintenance team will be responsible for using financial and operational data to work with leaders across the Field to identify areas where costs can be reduced without impact to business performance. Additionally, interns will partner with Field leadership to prepare planning views to inform 2020 budgeting.
• Previous work or internship experience in financial/data analysis
• Experience with SQL or data visualization tools like Tableau
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
• Capable of multi-tasking efficiently
• Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
• Professional attitude
• Classification: Senior or Graduate status by start of internship
• Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field
• Currently enrolled at a 4-year accredited College or University
• Strong Excel skills for analyzing and summarizing data
• 3.0 or above cumulative GPA must have transportation to/from work daily
• Reliable transportation to work locations
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition # : 207332
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.