CenturyLink Intern - Data Automation and Audit ASE 2018 in Broomfield, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Gain real-world experience in our 10 week 2018 Summer Internship Program within our Strategic Solutions Sales Organization. Interns will gain practical work experience designed to expand their classroom education and career path as they prepare for their profession.
Maintain and develop software programs
Research and remedy data discrepancies
Implement and document standards
Work with planners, field technicians and database managers
Must be Proficient in Python and SQL
Working knowledge of C++ and Java
· Pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Related Field at an accredited College or University
· Academic and/or work experience related to the field of research, as defined by the University representative/reference.
· 3.0 or above cumulative GPA.
· Excellent English oral and written communications skills.
· Must be self-motivated, inquisitive, highly analytical, organized, and detail-oriented with strong time management skills and ability to meet project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
· Analysis skills; asking good questions; following up in a constructive and productive manner.
· Good teamwork skills.
· Familiarity with GIS-Arcmap and Google Earth
· Familiarity with Visual Studio
· Has a track record as a self-starter with the ability to work well with minimal direction and the discipline to meet deadlines on time.
· Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
Must submit a resume, transcript, and a letter of recommendation (at time of interview)
Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher (Preferred GPA 3.2)
Must be currently enrolled at a 4-year accredited College or University
Must be a rising junior, senior or graduate student
Must work 30-40 hours per week during the 10 week session
Must have reliable transportation to and from work daily for the duration of the internship
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 191211
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.