CenturyLink INTERN - MARKETING ANALYST I - SUMMER 2020 in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Global Accounts Management (GAM) Segment Strategy team will provide thorough and accurate guidance to the Global Accounts Division around the state of the market and our Account Based Marketing (ABM) customers, in order to judiciously apply limited resources and realize optimal results. Interns will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. The internship will take place in Broomfield, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
Partner with an ABM Marketing Lead to understand the dynamics of creating an Account Based Marketing Plan for a Global Accounts Management customer.
• Work with said ABM Marketing Lead to create an ABM Plan, along with the Account Team and support ecosystem, and assist the team with execution against the plan.
Account Based Marketing (ABM) Planning and Execution Responsibilities:
• Understand the unique needs of a specific global enterprise customer and partner with the account team and surrounding ecosystem to determine the best strategy to employ in order meet these needs and drive profitable revenue growth.
• Work with the support ecosystem (Marketing Operations, Vertical Strategy, Sales, Sales Engineering, Pricing, and Operations - North America, Latin America and EMEA) to create and execute marketing strategies that drive revenue growth, profitability, customer satisfaction and return on marketing investment.
• Develop an insightful, creative, thorough, actionable, effective and measurable ABM plan for the assigned account and develop this plan according to an agreed-upon delivery schedule.
• Utilize available marketing tools and resources to determine insights in the following areas: industry and vertical focus, operating model, financial performance, SWOT analysis, pain points, investment plans, current information technology spend and resulting share of business, network analysis, competitor analysis, project analysis including priorities, known jeopardies or risks, organizational analysis and identified champion, etc.
• The resulting ABM plan will maximize these insights to create a custom-tailored strategy and resulting tactics that the account team and supporting ecosystem coalesce around and pursue throughout the year to continually move the customer relationship forward
• Program manage execution around the ABM OSAs (Objectives, Strategies & Actions) according to documented timelines; program execution should enable Sales teams to sell more broadly and deeply to ABM accounts, to execute more effectively across regions, and leverage current sales to penetrate new product areas
• Partner with GAM Vertical Marketing and GAM Marketing Operations to ensure successful and impactful execution of ABM tactics.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master Degree; in Business or Marketing preferred.Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; as junior, senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higherAbility to review large amounts of data and quickly identify pertinent and key data points.Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be very detail oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy. Strong analytical / quantitative (i.e., Excel), presentation (i.e., PowerPoint) and customer interaction skills. Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical Intern is responsible for their travel to/from work locationMust be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframeUS work authorization is required
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 216437
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.