CenturyLink LEAD ACTIVATION TECH in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for the testing of layer 1 and layer 2, implementation of services at layer 1, 2, and occasionally 3, including private line services; Ethernet, MPLS, VPN, DIA, Voice, Security, Managed Services and SDWAN suite of products. Attributes include demonstrated leadership and strong technical knowhow. Their responsibilities will also include product and systems knowledge related to the activated services, technical validations, pre-testing, troubleshooting, activation and post activation with customers.
Section Title: Job Description Job Description
• Leadership: Provide Leadership and technical support for Test and Activation.
• Serves as team's SME and responsible for helping mentor and enable team.
• Complete activations for external customers and help provide oversight to team as needed
• Maintains and supports the network infrastructure. Update all systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
• Provides accurate and consistent internal and external customer communication during established intervals using phone, email, and ticketing notes.
• Support Leadership.
• Ensures escalations are addressed providing top level support for leadership.
• Serve as organization’s SME in new product / process / IT enhancement efforts.
• Provide technical support for internal and external teams.
• Provide next level support for Activation Tech I, II, III & IV.
• Support strategic planning across multiple teams/stakeholders.
• Work cross functionally to implement process changes.
• Provide training on new products and services.
• Develop & write UAT test use case scenarios, as needed.
• Identify and champion resolution for process issues.
Assoc degree or equivalent education and experience.
8 - 10 years related experience in specific area or equivalent.
May require technical certification.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Operations, Technology or related field
• Leadership experience
• Certifications on related telecom or networking field. Minimum of 4 certifications.
• CCNA, CCNP, and/or MEF. Juniper, Alcatel, Fortinet, and SDWAN.
• Experience in working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity (thinking outside of the box).
• Advance knowledge of OSI model, working knowledge of TDM, Ethernet, Voice, MPLS, IP, DWDM
• Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR)
• Advance knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM, Frame-Relay and Juniper
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Juno OS, DNS, Radius, UNIX
• Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and troubleshooting
• Advance knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Ohio-Dublin; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa; US-Pennsylvania-Coudersport
Requisition # : 214895
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.