CenturyLink LEAD CIRCUIT DESIGNER in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for customer order fulfillment by designing a circuit path across the company network through network architecture, routing configurations, and documented design consumption rules. Within the design responsibilities, accountable for producing an accurate design layout record that demonstrates an understanding of the products and their specifications offered by the company, and the scope of work requested on a customer order meets the product criteria.
• Serve as organization’s SME in new product / process / IT enhancement efforts.
• Demonstrate ability to efficiently and accurately design and process customer orders for CenturyLink products
• Demonstrate a consistent, elevated level of performance as measured by SLAs, On Time Performance and quality standards
• Excel at managing the assigned queue using time management skills
• Perform other duties as assigned. Support special projects.
• Provide technical support for internal and external teams.
• Identify and champion resolution for process issues. Work cross functionally to implement process changes.
• Provide input into appropriate training and documentation around provisioning processes.
• Develop & write UAT test use case scenarios, as needed.
• Provide top level escalation support for Leadership
• Assignment of workload to the Circuit Design team and load balancing.
• Manage the assigned queue (could be an ACD call queue where assigned) to maintain service level objectives.
• Written and verbal communication of order status
• Knowledgeable and Proficient in complex provisioning requirements
• Working knowledge of equipment elements and solutions across switched and special access, MPLS solutions, local loop and long-haul transport in the telephony network.
• Provide technical support to internal and external customers for engineering, installation and testing of all transport facilities and special and switched access circuits.
• Drive completion of all customer and network orders.
• Assist other departments or work groups, providing requested support as necessary.
• Properly prioritize tasks, orders and assignments.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Assoc degree or equivalent education and experience.
8 - 10 years related experience in specific area or equivalent.
May require technical certification.
• • Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
• Advanced knowledge of metro gear/equipment -Lucent/Fujitsu/Cienna/Alcatel/Cisco
• Cisco Certification(s)
• Six Sigma and/or Lean Certification
• Leadership experience
• Experience in working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity (thinking outside of the box).
• Advance knowledge of OSI model, working knowledge of TDM, Ethernet, Voice, MPLS, IP, DWDM
• Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR)
• Advance knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM, Frame-Relay and Juniper
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Juno OS, DNS, Radius, UNIX
• Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and troubleshooting
• Advance knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 212897
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.