CenturyLink Lead Project Manager in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Project Manager is the primary single point of contact for large-scale deployments with significant complexity, unique requirements or that qualify as a “Special”. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the customer's impelmentation to meet scope, timing and budget expectations and overall project outcomes. This role participates in and leads the completion of complext solutions to meet cusotmer needs & is engaged according to PMO criteria and standards.
• Develop, plan and manage implementation of activities for highly complex projects/programs for external/internal customers.
• Accountable for timely project completion and delivery.
• Analyzes work plans and schedules.
• Responsible for resource requirements/allocation.
• Develops project progress and status reports.
• Coordinate and facilitate project meetings.
• Develop and distribute timely meeting minutes, to include track/manage action items and verify they are incorporated into the program schedule and that deliverables are met on time.
• Assess/Manage risk, impacts and potential alternatives and escalate as required to the appropriate level of management.
• Set program objectives and establish clear measures to successfully define and meet project deliverables and timelines. Utilize the change control process to track schedule changes.
• Acts as project team leader.
• Through partnership with other staff organizations, define Key Performance Indicators (KPI), training, process standards, policies, and procedures. Associated with complex projects.
• Provide executive level status updates.
• Ensure adherence to project related policies and processes
• Lifecycle management of critical or multiple site deployments
• Reiterate scope, roles/responsibilities and schedule on a regular basis and provide team members a single point of contact for all project issues
• Employs judgment to make business decisions about things that will impact the project, customer or company
• Has the authority to stop activities from proceeding when continuing to move forward would have a negative impact
• Responsible for identifying and ensuring participation of all required internal and vendor resources to ensure the on-time delivery of sold services within budgetary guidelines.
• Negotiates due dates based on resource/network availability to maintain CenturyLink’s profitability and to meet customer requirements.
• Acts as customer facing single point of contact during the life of the project. Often dedicated to strategic global customers for repeat business.
• Identifies additional sales opportunities and engages Sales organization as appropriate. Performance in part, is measured based on customer surveys completed upon delivery of services.
• Understands project goals and objectives as it relates to customer’s business strategies and long term needs. Deliverables include project assessment, team formation, schedule preparation, status/jeopardy reports, risk analysis, project status reports, and post implementation analysis.
• Accountable for successful overall project completion.
• Acts as mentor and team leader to other teammates
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5+ years of related experience
• Implementation experience with multiple of the following technologies: DWDM, Transport/Waves, MPLS, Managed Services, Voice (PRI, SIP, Porting, etc.), Security, SD WAN, Managed Enterprise Services, Meraki.
• Implementation experience with more than one of the following technologies: DWDM, Transport/Waves, MPLS, Managed Services, Voice (PRI, SIP, Porting, etc.), Security, SD WAN, Managed Enterprise Services, Meraki.
• Experience leading multiple complex projects in the techology industry
• PMP or PRINCE2 Certification
• 6-10 years in project management experience
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 216461
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.