CenturyLink Mgr Customer Repair I in Broomfield, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Manage the performance and efforts of a team of technician’s through daily communication, problem solving, and pro-active monitoring of team performance. Emphasis is placed on monitoring workload, pro-actively managing to performance targets, and responsible for resolving customer network related voice issues, on a 7x24x365 operational basis.
· Builds a high-performance team; hires and retains the right talent in the right roles; sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable; develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and act. Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
· Supervises the day-to-day activities of network technicians involved in monitoring and assuring network quality in a 24/7 environment.
· Conducts complex network monitoring and maintenance activities. Requires knowledge of IP technology.
· Resolves complex trouble tickets
· Serves as 3rd level escalation point
· Supports international Network Control Center activities
· Network monitoring and/or maintenance experience
· knowledge of IP technology
· Knowledge of routing protocols BGP, IS-IS, OSPF
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High degree of problem resolution/analytical skills
· Bachelor's Degree or 2 plus years of relevant job experience. Relevant job experience is described as:
· Job experience in similar industry
· Job experience with similar essential duties Physical Requirements:
· Office – Sits 5 to 7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and crouch; lift 10 lbs.
· Experience: 2+ yrs
· Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
· Field of Study: Engineering/Technical field
· Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
· Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 195155
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.