CenturyLink Technical Project Manager - II in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Responsible for the coordination, scheduling, status and delivery of internally initiated improvements and product-driven initiatives for CenturyLink. The PM will interface with internal Network Engineering, Test, Product, Operations, Planning, and Deployment teams to ensure project entrance and exit criteria are being met, to drive the prioritization of projects, and to ensure that resources are being utilized efficiently. This role will also be expected to proactively identify areas of risk related to scope, resource constraints, and process breakdowns.
· Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products.
· Manage the development and implementation process of a company's products and services.
· Identify and communicate project scope and ensures program milestones and objectives are met.
· Interpret market requirements and converts to engineering and program deliverables.
· Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints.
· Plan and manage company resources to execute development project or project components from design phase through implementation.
· Reporting and metrics from multiple order entry, workflow and inventory systems as well as support data marts / databases.
· Use specific knowledge about one or more technical areas to research, plan, communicate and achieve objectives through program/project team.
Bachelor's Degree PMP Certification in process
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
· Experience: 2+ yrs
· Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
· Field Of Study: Engineering or related field
· A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
· Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
· Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Experience in data analysis and forecasting is strongly desired. The ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities and coordination of multiple projects is a requirement, as is the ability to assess and implement risk management to mitigate schedule impacts. Demonstrated initiative and drive within a fast-paced environment is required.
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition # : 211557
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.