CenturyLink Lead Ruby on Rails Developer in Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Lead in the team effort to design, develop, code, test and debug new complex software or significant enhancements to existing complex software. Lead review of input for documentation of new or existing software. Apply existing and introduce new and approved technologies to develop solutions. Lead others in the application of principles, theories and concepts and use of methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects. May lead team to select and manage vendor.
· Design enterprise level, high-availability Ruby-on-Rails applications
· Build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable Ruby/Ruby-on-Rails code in an Agile (CA/Rally) environment.
· Support large-scale deployments, across a world-wide network.
· Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
· Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
· 10+ years Professional Software Development
· 3+ years Professional Ruby-on-Rails Development; Expert-level understanding of Ruby, Ruby-on-Rails and their nuances
· Relevant Enterprise experience with the fundamental design and implementation principles behind scalable, high-availability applications
· Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
· Proficient with both external and embedded databases
· Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
· Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries
· Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
· Practical experience with Test-drive development and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes.
· Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. GitLab, Mercurial or SVN)
· Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Capistrano, Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc.
· Familiarity with continuous integration
· Experience with SaltStack a huge plus
· Experience as a Sysadmin, Python and other scripting also a plus
Alternate Location: US-California-Thousand Oak; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Oklahoma-Tulsa
Requisition # : 202708
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.