CenturyLink Lead Offer Management Analyst in Denver, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
The Lead Analyst in Offer Management performs a wide variety of finance oriented business activities in support of meeting and exceeding CenturyLink's short-term and long-term revenue growth objectives. This position works closely with company leaders from a variety of internal organizations to help our nationwide "SLED" (State, Local Government and Education) Sales teams win more business opportunities profitably. The high visibility of this position provides an excellent opportunity to showcase your strong business acumen and peerless work ethic. The position also offers a tangible relationship between performance in the position and financial performance of the company.
- Job Responsibilities:• Full financial and strategic ownership of business opportunities with primary responsibility being pricing and financial modeling.• Secondary responsibilities include contracting and negotiations, as well as support of Requests for Proposals (RFPs).• Position requires overall marketing understanding, development, and the application of pricing strategy within the SLED segment, including understanding changes within the market conditions and competitors.• Play a pivotal role in obtaining sales and profitability objectives by providing consultative, strategic and analytic services to multiple sales teams.• Financially evaluate sales opportunities and provide risk assessment of customer requested terms and conditions (includes business case preparation and presentation for opportunities which require further internal Policy approvals)• Negotiate pricing and contract terms directly with customers• Strong collaboration and leadership skills• Ability to establish and foster key relationships with the sales teams and across several cross-functional organizations• Consult with various internal organizations who also participate in the pricing/contracts process (i.e. Legal, Product Management, Treasury, Finance, Billing, Operations & Engineering)Secondary Responsibilities:• Assist back office personnel in resolving implementation issues, billing issues and other issues as they may arise• Sales training Special projects as requested
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Finance/Economics or Accounting or 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Advanced proficiency creating, interpreting and communicating financial information
• Experience negotiating contracts
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and be able to effectively multi-task in a very fast paced, demanding environment
• Advanced written and oral communication skills
• Experience interacting with Executive teams
• Ability to effectively partner with associates and peer organizations, and actively participate in solution-based dialog
• Proficient in MS-Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to use advanced features in Excel such as nested functions, pivot tables and custom charts
• High attention to detail & quality based results
• Ability to travel on occasion
• Telecom industry experience
• Corporate financial analysis experience
• Prior experience negotiating both pricing and contractual terms and conditions directly with State and Local Governments, as well as Education customers.
• Prior experience working in support of a large, national sales force
Bachelors or Equivalent in Finance or Business
Masters or Equivalent in Finance or Business
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver
Requisition # : 194443
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.