CenturyLink Operations Technical III - Federal (N) in DENVER, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Thte GSD NOC has an opening on the 2nd shift (2:00 pm - 11:pm) for an Ops Technician III - Federal position in its downtown Denver facility. The ideal candidate will have previous NOC experience managing Layer 1 - 3 services and fiber backbone networks. Candidates must either possess an active security clearance orundergo a preliminary secuirty pre-screen evaluation and be able to obtain a security clearance..
Strong working knowledge and experience on DWDM Layer 1, Metro Ethernet and IP communications (IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols)
• Technical knowledge and experience on contemporary technologies (e.g. MPLS, TDM, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc)
• Proactively monitor and respond to and resolve network alarms. Perform circuit and equipment/network restoration, recognize potential jeopardy conditions and notify management and Program Office with risk potential and impact assessments
• Management of circuits (T1 - 100Gb, Ethernet & IP), perform testing and activation of new network circuits as well as long-haul, metro and international optical networks
• Work very closely with Federal government NOC customers for all demand and scheduled maintenance to conform to customer network management requirements and protocols.
• Analyze network troubles, assess performance data and develop design optimization plans accordingly
• Interface with fiber vendors, telecom providers and other entities on complex technical matters
• Participate as a Lead/SME to select customers to participate in regular customer meetings, procedural reviews, audits, and other functions
• Review and interpret EDPs and as-built engineering documentation
• Coordinate and track RMA requests, including vendor interface to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms
Minimum of 5+ years experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems, SDH networks with SNCP rings, DCCS cross-connect systems and/or Ethernet, VPLS, IP, MPLS
• Preferred Cisco CCIP, CCDP, CCNP certifications, Juniper or ALU data networking equivalent
• Previous experience with broadband and/or narrowband circuit maintenance, testing and restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations
• Previous experience with routers, IP protocols, configurations, interfaces is strongly preferred.
• Analyze, test and repair Layer 2/3 network problems. Ensure services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet loss, jitter, throughput. Ability to test using standard protocols, as well as Iperf and Brix platforms.
• Demonstrated leadership profile to manage customer networks, proactively track and escalate issues, engage resources to expedite service/network outages, professional interaction skills with customers and management
• Ability to relate technical issues to management and Gov't personnel
• Prior experience with Transport platforms (i.e. Nortel, Cisco, Ciena, Lucent and Tellabs) and Data platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran)
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple issues simultaneously through effective work prioritization.
• Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and logical thinking when under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to train, coach and develop technical skill set of shift technicians
• Previous experience with Gov't networks and customers. Ability to interface in a professional manner with management and customer is essential
• Flexibility with regard to work levels and shift accommodation is imperative
Associates or Equivalent in Electronics or Engineering General
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver
Requisition # : 213394
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.