CenturyLink Operations Technician 3 - Federal in Denver, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
The position is with the GSD NOC based in Denver, CO. (MIDNIGHT shift 9:30 pm - 7:30 am) Network Mgmt for Federal networks & services. Position requires an active TS/SCI clearance or the ability to obtain one through a security assessment.
This position is with the GSD NOC in Denver, CO for managing Federal customers. The position will require an active security clearance or they ability to obtain one after an initial suitability assessment.
Strong working knowledge and experience on Metro Ethernet and IP communications (IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols)
• Technical knowledge and experience on contemporary technologies (e.g. MPLS, TDM, Ethernet, eLAN, eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc)
• Proactively monitor and respond to and resolve network alarms. Perform circuit and equipment/network restoration, recognize potential jeopardy conditions and notify management and Program Office with risk potential and impact assessments
• Management of circuits (T1 - 100Gb, Ethernet & IP), perform testing and activation of new network circuits as well as long-haul, metro and international optical networks
• Work very closely with Federal government NOC customers for all demand and scheduled maintenance to conform to customer network management requirements and protocols.
• Analyze network troubles, assess performance data and develop design optimization plans accordingly
• Interface with fiber vendors, telecom providers and other entities on complex technical matters
• Participate as a Lead/SME to select customers to participate in regular customer meetings, procedural reviews, audits, and other functions
• Review and interpret EDPs and as-built engineering documentation
• Coordinate and track RMA requests, including vendor interface to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms
• Minimum of 5+ years' experience with Ethernet, VPLS, IP, MPLS. Additional experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems, SDH networks with SNCP rings.
• Preferred Cisco CCIP, CCDP, CCNP certifications, Juniper or ALU data networking equivalent
Previous experience with routers, IP protocols, configurations, interfaces is strongly preferred.
• Previous experience with broadband and/or narrowband circuit maintenance, testing and restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations
• Analyze, test and repair Layer 2/3 network problems. Ensure services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet loss, jitter, throughput. Ability to test using standard protocols, as well as Iperf and Brix platforms.
• Demonstrated leadership profile to manage customer networks, proactively track and escalate issues, engage resources to expedite service/network outages, professional interaction skills with customers and management
• Ability to relate technical issues to management and Gov't personnel
• Prior experience with Transport platforms (i.e. Nortel, Cisco, Ciena, Lucent and Tellabs) and Data platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran)
• Must be able to effectively manage multiple issues simultaneously through effective work prioritization.
• Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and logical thinking when under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to train, coach and develop technical skill set of shift technicians
• Previous experience with Gov't networks and customers. Ability to interface in a professional manner with management and customer is essential
• Flexibility with regard to work levels and shift accommodation is imperative
• Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software, or Networks; or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience. Seven or more years applicable work experience
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver
Requisition # : 198720
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.