CenturyLink Senior Attorney in DENVER, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
CenturyLink, a Fortune 500 telecommunications company has an immediate need for an experienced in-house Corporate Counsel transactional attorney interested in joining a collegial team of lawyers who together support the Enterprise sales team which is focused on the sale of communications, high speed internet services, cloud infrastructure, IT outsourcing, managed IT infrastructure and related technology services to large Enterprise customers. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The ideal candidate must be able to hit the ground running, leading sometimes complex contract negotiations with an internal cross-functional team of finance, sales and technical personnel. The attorney will possess a willingness to learn and understand internal business, operational, financial and technical matters to provide sound legal advice and risk analysis, while simultaneously assisting business clients in achieving their commercial objectives.
The attorney will support CenturyLink by conducting contract negotiations; drafting agreements and contract templates; clearly and concisely identifying and explaining the ramifications of contractual terms to the business decision makers and third-parties during contract negotiations; providing ongoing management and maintenance of contracts, including providing contract summaries and interpretations to sales teams and executive management; and occasionally investigating, negotiating and resolving contract disputes.
· At least 3-5 years of experience in contract drafting and negotiations, preferably in both private practice and as an in-house lawyer.
· Strong contract drafting skills required.
· Able to quickly identify issues, communicate our company’s position, interact in a personal and effective manner and close deals.
· Experience drafting and negotiating contracts in support of a professional, quota-carrying sales force required.
· Experience in a technically oriented business is highly preferred; experience in a telecommunications business is a plus.
· Excellent writing, drafting and verbal communications skills.
· Organizational, time-management and prioritization capabilities; able to manage workload independently, efficiently and with minimal supervision.
· Able to negotiate, prioritize and manage a large volume of contracts and associated issues.
· Must be a team player.
· Sound legal and business judgment.
· Juris Doctor from accredited law school.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Kansas-Overland Park; US-Louisiana-Monroe; US-Missouri-Kansas City
Requisition # : 212409
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.