CenturyLink ACTIVATION TECH II in DUBLIN, Ohio
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for the testing of layer 1 and layer 2, implementation of services at layer 1, 2, and ocassionally 3, including private line services; Ethernet, MPLS, VPN, DIA, Voice, Security, Managed Services and SDWAN suite of products. Their responsibilities will also include product and systems knowledge related to the activated services, technical validations, pre-testing, troubleshooting, activation and post activation with customers.
Essential Job Duties:
• Complete activations for external custmers with some oversight.
• Partner with the applicable departments to trouble shoot activations for customers CCM's, Account teams and Field Ops
• Troubleshoot post-activation issues.
• Proficient at processing orders according to SLA's, M&P's, On-Time Performance objectives and quality standards.
• Proficient at managing the assigned queue (could be an ACD call queue where assigned) to maintain service level objectives.
• Maintains and supports the network infrastructure. Update all systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
• Provides accurate and consistent internal and external customer communication during established intervals using phone, email, and ticketing notes.
Behavioral & Technical:
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders to understand evolving issues and requirements, understand upstream and downstream implications and dependencies, ensuring key solutions are executed and properly coordinated.
• Maintains a commitment to safe practices and holds others equally accountable.
• Complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe with a high degree of quality.
• Efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Knowledge of WAN and LAN Topologies
• Understanding and ability to interpret Circuit Designs
• Beginner experience with implementation of Circuits: DS1, DS3, Optical, Ethernet, and DWDM
• Beginner experience with Network Hardware including Routers, Switches, Wireless Access Points
• Beginner experience working with Internet and Private Network Solutions
• Beginner experience working with VOIP Equipment or Solutions
• Beginner experience configuring CPE Routers and Switches
Assoc degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
5-7 years related experience in specific area or equivalent.
May require technical certification.
• Telecommunications or other relative field of study/work
• Certifications on related telecom or networking field. Minimum of 2 certifications.
• CCNA and/or MEF
• Experience in working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity (thinking outside of the box).
• Fundamental knowledge of OSI model, working knowledge of TDM, Ethernet, Voice, MPLS, IP, DWDM
• Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR)
• Fundamental knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM, Frame-Relay and Juniper
• Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Juno OS, DNS, Radius, UNIX
• Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and troubleshooting
• Fundamental knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition # : 213215
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.