CenturyLink OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN II in LITTLETON, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Strong technical skill level working on complex assignments within the network systems installation and/or maintenance activities. Works on relatively straightforward installation and/or maintenance assignments on network switching equipment. Technician for customer/company network systems installation and/or maintenance activities.
• Technician for customer/company network systems installation and/or maintenance activities.
• Resolves complex network problems involving power, network hardware and software, lines, modems and terminals.
• Uses software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems; conducts complex network monitoring equipment installation and maintenance activities; resolves complex trouble tickets
• Monitors network operations and resolves routine network monitoring problems.
• Monitors network performance; conducts routine monitoring equipment installation and maintenance activities; resolves routine trouble tickets.
• Knowledge of: BGP, IP BGP, IPSEC Tunnels, IPVPN, VRRP.
• Associate degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
• Minimum 3 yrs related experience in specific area or equivalent.
• May require technical certification.
Associates or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition # : 219942
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.