CenturyLink Sr Business Intelligence Developer - Littleton, CO in LITTLETON, Colorado
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The CenturyLink Financial Intelligence team is seeking an experienced Senior Business Intelligence Developer who will play a key role as a Management Reporting and Business Intelligence (BI) expert for the Finance organization. Responsibilities will broadly include supporting full-stack BI applications across a wide range of stakeholder groups within the Finance and Accounting organization. The ideal candidate will be an individual who thrives in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment and who above all enjoys working in a collaborative, congenial, and cross-functional environment with a team of like-minded peers.
• Works closely with Finance and Accounting stakeholder groups to define requirements, design appropriate BI solutions, and implement applications against development standards and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to convey complex technical concepts to both peers and stakeholders
• Attention to detail and a keen eye for evaluating financial reporting against expected results
• Demonstrates a love of all things relating to P&L reporting
• Strong business acumen and an ability to engage functional peers on core business strategies
• Provides timely and accurate estimates of development Levels of Effort (LOE) and appropriate status updates
• Works closely with peers in cross functional groups and independently on projects as necessary
• Is as comfortable engaging with Finance resources as they are engaging with IT resources
• Works closely with management to ensure adherence to best practices and scheduled code release cycles
• Dedicated to keeping code checked in to the teams code repository
• This is an experienced role requiring typically 6+ years of BI development experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and/or experience preferred
• Experience working within a full BI technology stack (data, ETL, back-end, and reporting)
• Excellent SQL skills that will be tested to their limit on a daily basis
• Experience with visual reporting and best practices for tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Business Objects, etc.
• Microsoft BI stack experience (SSIS, SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS)
• Experience working in a complex data environment with rapidly changing requirements
• Experience with physical and logical data modeling strongly preferred
• Strong testing and debugging skills
• Experience with JSON and REST services a plus
• Prior exposure to cloud base data warehousing technologies preferred
• Development experience in Hadoop or NoSQL environments a plus
• Familiarity with SDLC principals and with Agile and DevOps methodologies
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton
Requisition # : 219868
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.