CenturyLink Provisioning Technician 2 in London Docklands, United Kingdom
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Working as a member of the EMEA Transport team, the EMEA Provisioner will be responsible for the design and build of European and transatlantic customer transport-based orders across the CenturyLink Network. In some instances, full end to end ownership of orders will be required ensuring testing is completed to customer expectations prior to handover. The provisioner will be responsible for ensuring services meet customer expectations and business goals.
· Exhibit a thorough understanding of Implementation and operational issues, demonstrated by a practical approach to technical problem solving.
· Good organisational skills, able to manage multiple orders with various multiple deadlines and priorities.
· Able to self-prioritise work and contribute to the overall team’s success.
· A good appreciation of customer experience and satisfaction.
· Ensure that within the Transport team, the manager’s philosophy of ownership of customer orders is followed, stressing the need for individual order accountability. This will require each member of the team to identify risks and raise appropriate escalations or expedites to mitigate against these risks.
· Identify process/system failures, and work with the Manager of EMEA Transport to create relevant Service Improvement Plans to ensure long term resolution of these failures.
· Technical experience of SDH/PDH/DWDM/SONET/Layer 2 Products within a large Telecommunications Service Provider.
· Applicants should have extensive knowledge of DWDM/ETHERNET/SDH/SONET principles and network architectures and be conversant with performance measurement/testing techniques using both transmission equipment features and protocol analysers.
· Experience of interfacing with internal teams for dependency resolution such as Operations, Planning, Product & Sales organisations.
· Experience at working within a high volume quick delivery Provisioning Organisation.
Alternate Location: UK-London-London Docklands
Requisition #: 192747
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/