CenturyLink Director Sales Engineering GAM EMEA in London, United Kingdom
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Leads and manages a pre-sales technical team to support sales acquisition of new customers and increase account penetration into the existing customer base through supporting the team to deliver innovative and creative technical design, and represent the company's solutions to customers. Plays an instrumental role in driving the company's growth and exceeding revenue targets. Influences process improvement initiatives by removing barriers, and modifying or enhancing current processes.
· Builds a high performance team, hires and retains the right talent in the right roles, sets goals, delegates work, holds reports accountable, and develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action. Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change, provides timely information, communicates context for business decisions, recognizes accomplishments and fosters teamwork and collaboration.
· Develops and ensures attainment of new sales and margin growth for strategic accounts which contribute to the company’s bottom line through increasing revenue to meet or exceed company revenue and market share objectives on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Drives efficiencies by removing barriers and process improvements.
· Coordinates and directs the preparation and presentation of technical proposals to customers and provides leadership and technical guidance to staff and customer technical staff to ensure full understanding of how the company's services will best meet the customer’s needs.
· Develops and implements long-term product strategy with sales management to ensure existing and potential customers are provided with options and enhancements to their existing network.
· Establishes and controls expenses and operating budget by participation in the planning process and maintenance of approved plan and budget. Oversees and participates in programs that ensure the attainment of expense objectives and recommends programs to control and correct budget overruns. Typically has Opex responsibility.
· Exceptional strategic planning, account management, and contract negotiations skills are required. • Experience in consultative sales techniques and account planning including account profiling, account positioning strategy, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, service improvement planning, and long range account management strategies. • Proven ability to hire, manage, and motivate a successful, solution oriented team. • Demonstrated leadership ability. • Ability to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously. • Experience at being a strategic member of sales management team who contributes significantly to growth and development of the business.
· Ability to develop and ensure attainment of sales, revenues, and objectives for overall customer segment. • A clear track record for consistently exceeding revenue goals. • Must be able to meet and exceed monthly goals. • Technical and product knowledge related to network and data design is required. • Operational understanding of telecommunications ordering, provisioning, and billing processes.
Alternate Location: UK-London-Fleet Place
Requisition #: 192735
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/