CenturyLink Lead IT Systems Engineer in Los Angeles, California
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
· The candidate will be responsible for our hosted contact center network design along with the associated development of supporting applications.
· Under limited supervision, the candidate will be responsible for design, engineering, and development of portions of major projects or entire projects of lesser complexity.
· Candidate will provide design, development, certification, deployment, support functions, performance analysis and problem solving efforts for various hosted contact center platforms and other engineering initiatives.
· Responsibilities will also include defining test plan requirements, supporting the execution of platform certifications and related proof of concepts as well as lifecycle management.
· Candidate will lead efforts creating development test environments, including physical and logical setup.
· Strong communications skills are a must to effectively and efficiently provide Tier 3/4 support for Provisioning, Operations, and Sales staff on Network issues.
· In addition to the lab work, candidate must produce production network deployment strategies and procedures and support network deployment and implementations of contact center centric technologies.
· Role requires significant interaction and collaboration with other engineering groups, product, planning, operations, IT organizations, vendor development and support groups, as needed.
· Ability to scope all types of engineering initiatives, develop schedules and cost estimates is required.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field and minimum 6 years relevant experience preferred.
· Excellent communications skills required.
· Excellent documentation/technical writing skills required.
· Must have in-depth knowledge and working experience with various Genesys products including Genesys Voice Portal (GVP), ACD, Eservices. Experience must include large multi-site deployments (single and multi-tenant) with DR capabilities.
Must possess current Genesys certifications
Strong Genesys troubleshooting skills
· Contact Center Fundamentals including Call Routing/Strategy Capabilities, CTI, VXML capabilities and T-Server operation.
· Advanced contact center features, such as outbound notification, email, chat, mobile applications, social networking and call recording.
· VoIP (SIP) routing protocol knowledge and ability to troubleshoot
· Data Networking Design and Functionality Database design and operational experience with Oracle and SQL.
· Experience with IP PBX, CPE and Voice processing,DNS, data collection, monitoring, storage, Web/API.
· VMware Virtualization experience
Working knowledge of VOIP networks and the various elements
Knowledge and experience with the IP Contact Center space, vendors, and solutions
In-depth knowledge and working experience with: Genesys Voice Portal (GVP), Genesys ACD products.
Experience administrating and developing Business Intelligence software solutions
Certifications in the areas of database, virtualization, routing, IT development from premier vendors
required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-California-Los Angeles
Requisition # : 179507
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.