CenturyLink Manager Marketing - Business & Consumer in NEW CENTURY, Kansas
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
This position is responsible for managing pricing strategy for the Consumer Markets Segment. The position will work with team, peers inside Marketing, executives and other organizations across the company to ensure pricing strategy is effectively analyzed, reviewed, approved, implemented according to plan and measured after implementation. A successful candidate needs an advanced understanding of economic analysis and high attention to detail.
· Required understanding of financial modeling/measures, the ability to partner across multiple groups, and to effectively communicate objectives and changes to team members and executives.
· Ability to make sense of complex data and translate that data into meaningful analysis as well as the ability to report, interpret, and summarize results.
· Lead team members and/or peers in researching customer behavior, pricing results and competitive data in support of results, pricing and strategy.
· Manage the maintenance and updating of pricing information in a timely manner.
· Position will be working with, negotiating with and providing reporting and feedback to Director, VP, SVP and EVP levels.
· Manage the development and implementation of pricing strategies appropriate to changing market conditions
· Provide & communicate Executive based reporting & analysis of projects. These projects are both recurring and adhoc in nature, with a need for creative thinking and approach in developing findings/recommendations
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Marketing or related discipline field
8 or more years professional experience within Finance, Marketing and/or Telecommunications; 6 or more years with a Master’s
Expertise in Business Management and Finance disciplines
Excellent working knowledge of personal computers, spreadsheet and presentation software (Excel and PowerPoint)
Strong analytical, presentation, and communication skills
Project Management skills
Goal and detail oriented
Willingness to work overtime and travel as necessary
Ability to manage financial models and develop business cases
10+ years of experience
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver; US-Kansas-New Century; US-Louisiana-Monroe
Requisition # : 213212
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.