CenturyLink Account Manager 1 (Phoenix AZ) in Phoenix, Arizona
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
Responsible for sales account development within an established geographic territory for a moderately complex set of products and services using an array of prospecting activities.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
· Experience in solution selling IP, data, and voice network services.
· Experience in strategic, technical, and business communications application sales.
· Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
· Strong communication, written, and formal presentation skills.
· Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction and ability to provide assistance to sales force.
· Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
· Responsible for developing sales in the designated target market(s) by identifying new sales opportunities by contacting prospective customers by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments.
· Develops and implements actions to create additional opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total customer spend with the company. Assists in creating account plans and strategies to win new business from both new as well as existing customers.
· Develops and manages customer relationships for assigned accounts in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, retain existing revenue and attain additional business.
· Learns and develops further knowledge of new technologies and selling points which includes enhancing expertise in the company's product application technologies.
· Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
· Experience: <2 yrs
· Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
· Field Of Study: Business, Marketing, Sales or similar
· Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
· Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix
Requisition # : 184423
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.