CenturyLink Senior Information Security Engineer - Firewall in Phoenix, Arizona
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
The SR Engineer position will focus on engineering and operation of the corporate firewall perimeter and other network security services within the Active Defense Network Security team.
• Will be responsible for all network security matters to include; effective problem analysis & resolution, providing input on network strategy, network reliability and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
• This position is a technical support SME (subject matter expert) for the existing infrastructure and is responsible for mentoring across the team.
• Expected to perform root cause analysis utilizing packet captures, logs, and other analytical tools.
• Ability to work across teams (Server, DNS, Network, VM, security, CIRT, INFOSEC etc.) to obtain common goals and/or resolutions.
• Will manage technology lifecycle from deployment to decommission.
• Will be responsible for helping develop and maintain written standards and policies.
• Will be responsible for network designs & related documentation.
• Responsible to provide support in accordance to applicable policies and agreements.
• On-call duty required to maintain 99.999% uptime
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related field or equivalent experience.
5+ years of networking firewall experience
5+ years of experience troubleshooting production firewalls
Experience with Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco security products
Experience with load balancers to include Foundry, Brocade, and F5.
CISSP / PCNSE / CCNP / CCSE certifications preferred
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Nebraska-Omaha
Requisition # : 182518
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.