CenturyLink OPERATIONS ENGINEER II in ST PAUL, Minnesota
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Operations Engineer 2 position is responsible for taking customer calls and opening repair tickets, monitoring proactive tickets for customer circuits, providing technical support to CenturyLink customers, and giving customers the status of their repairs. This position will receive requests for technical assistance from Operation Technicians.
• Candidates must be willing and able to work all shifts in a 7x24x365 environment. Shift assignment will be 3rd shift 11PM-7AM Monday through Friday with a weekend rotation.
• Ability to answer customer calls and work issues via trouble ticket proficiently and independently
• Create trouble ticket which summarizes customer reported trouble
• Analyze, sectionalize, isolate, and resolve Network trouble situations.
• Demonstrate proficiency with trouble ticketing application and other internal tools for circuit trouble analysis.
• Effectively manages customer expectations (status and clear description of activities)
• Demonstrate knowledge of BGP, QOS, Ethernet and T3/T1 protocols.
• Provides leadership and technical assistance to Operation Technicians.
Associate degree in Computer Networking or equivalent education
Minimum 3 - 5 years related experience in specific area or equivalent
CPE hardware certification (CCNA/CCNP) with configuration experience with Cisco IOS, Adtran, Juniper and other hardware Vendors.
Masters or Equivalent
Bachelors or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Minnesota-St Paul
Requisition # : 219876
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.